I am quite behind on accepting a few awards this blog has received over the last few months. Rest assured this has in no way been because I am ungrateful; it brings a smile to my face each and every time a reader goes out of their way to let me know they enjoy my work, especially when I know my updates can be erratic and few and far between recently, as I’ve been dealing with not only my chronic migraine condition, but also plantar fasciitis in my left foot, and with pain on both ends of my body, finding the time and energy to put into Sim writing has been hard. It is extremely humbling to have readers willing to stick with me during these difficult times that appreciate my work, despite the slow updates. Thank you so much!
This nomination came from Sweetnightingale over at Simming with Sweetnightingale, a new site with Sims 3 short stories, which is great if you want to sit down and curl up with a short, one-shot tale you can quickly read in a single sitting. There are currently two short stories available, and both have supernatural overtones, making them great choices for fans of supernatural romances or dramas! Expect more in the future!
I also received a nomination for this award from CathyTea, who writes a multitude of SimLit for Sims 4 over at Cathy Tea’s SimLit Anthology, including a completed ten-generation legacy, “The Goofy Love Legacy”, a short-story anthology, “Dr. Jasmine’s Casebook,” two Wonder Child Challenges, “Harrington’s Wonder Child” and “Wonder,” as well as a Sims 3 ISBI, “Whisper,” and a nomination from Twiggy, who writes “Monstrous Mezilkree: From Grotesque to Gorgeous,” a Sims 4 Prettacy at Twiggy’s Sims Adventures
Thank you so much, Sweetnightingale, CathyTea, and Twiggy! I really appreciate it!
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Share the award on your blog.
3. Share seven random facts about yourself.
4. Tag 10 bloggers with less than 1000 followers and let them know they have been nominated.
Seven Random Facts About Myself
I’m fairly certain that most of my readers already know certain facts about me, as I am pretty open about them in my writing (that I’m a librarian, that I am diagnosed with chronic migraine, that I’m an aromantic asexual, etc.) so I’m really going to try to pick things that I think I’ve never mentioned before. And if I have… oops. Well, I tried!
1. I was born on St. Patrick’s Day at 11:57 pm (just barely made the holiday!) with Spinal Menangitus and had to receive spinal taps as an infant.
2. I can touch my nose using my tongue.
3. I know how to do a form of Japanese dancing called parapara which is mainly arm movements set to side-stepping for the leg movements. It is performed to a kind of music called “eurobeat” which is made in Italy but sold and marketed in Japan, and the movements for the dances are choregraphed for each song so a group of dancers all do the movements together. There is evidence of a certain Sim cosplayer doing parapara at an anime convention…
4. I have a problem with “mushy” food textures, as they set off my gag reflex. Applesauce, pudding, pretty much any Italian food because it’s covered in heavy goopy sauces, etc., are all problematic for me! And my most hated food of all? Bananas!
5. Things I have way too much of but can’t stop myself from getting more: LUSH bath products, looseleaf tea (mainly herbals and rooibos but I drink greens and blacks on rare occassions depending on how they are flavored, I’m careful about my caffeine intake!), and gel pens for coloring! A perfect evening for me? A soak in the tub with some LUSH shower gel or a bath bomb, followed by a hot cup of tea while I put on a Twitch stream and listen while I color a mandala with my gel pens! This is my main way of “unwinding” after a day of work.
6. I don’t get television service. I own a TV which a DVD player and a few retro game systems are connected to, but it gets turned on probably less than five times a year (and that may be grossly over-estimating). It has no antenna and doesn’t even receive local channels! There are a few TV shows I follow but I watch them online; the majority of my “TV watching” time is instead spent on YouTube shows and watching Twitch streamers!
7. It would probably shock most people to discover that according to Pottermore, I am a member of house Slytherin! Less surprising, however, is that my Patronus is a Wildcat.
As per usual, most of the sites I follow regularly have already received a nomination for this award by now, and I certainly don’t expect anyone to have to alter their acceptance posts, so please don’t on my account! These are all Sim story sites that I think fit the theme of the Versatile Blogger Award by either having a lot of versatility in the content on their site or the characters in their stories. Please check them out!
Daijahv, Twisted Tales
GaiaHypothesis, Look What We Started Simblr
ginnymalfoy22, Simsonmars Simblr
Ra3rei, Raerei’s Fortress
Rainydayz179, Rainy Dayz Gamez
TheoriesOfHappiness, A Cornucopia of Simlit
ValoisFulcanelli, Madness of Mr. Goth Simblr
Xoxk9, Gus’ YouTube Channel