I am terribly behind on accepting this award, which was first graciously offered to me by jillbg, author of Sims 3 supernatural story The Grey Witches last March. Thank you so much, Jill! Then last April as this award made its rounds, Socallucyfan, author of fairy tale-inspired Sims 3 legacy Once Upon a Time and greencatsims, author of the Skills Legacy, Snordwich Chronicles, and completed EP Legacy for Sims 3 over at GC Sims (confession: even though I’m not really a legacy player, I am seriously tempted to do an EP legacy!) also honored me with nominations for this award! Thank you all so much!
Part of putting this off has just been getting so busy with my increased update schedule since the beginning of 2017 (going to weekly chapter updates, adding Teatime Tuesday and Photo Friday) and, as a result, having next to no time to actually sit down and read Simlit anymore. These things always require “passing the torch forward” and I felt bad that I just haven’t had the chance to actually read anything new in ages… and that still holds true. But I’ve put it off long enough, so I’ll just have to do the best I can, and you’ll have to forgive me if nominations are sparse until that magical moment happens when everything falls into place and I figure out how to balance work, producing site content, managing the Stories and Legacies Index, and can still find the time to sit down and do leisure reading.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link.
2. Post about the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate bloggers and notify them.
5. Give your readers good news.
Seven Facts About Myself
Since you can find seven random facts on my Versatile Blogger Award, enjoy seven strange things that I collect!
1. I have an obsession with collecting loose leaf teas. I currently have 126 different varieties in my home!
2. Before I drank tea, I loved coffee, and started a coffee cup collection! I still collect coffee mugs, because quite frankly, you can drink tea out of them just as well! (In fact, they hold a bit more water, which just means more tea, and I’m fine with that!) If I ever move to a location with more space, in addition to my coffee cups, I totally want to start collecting tea sets, though!
3. I collect Psyduck merchandise from Pokemon. Since I have chronic migraine (I have anywhere from 5-15 migraines in a single month, and am actually having an extremely severe migraine at the moment, which is currently at the 20 hour mark!) and Psyduck gets his psychic powers from having a constant headache, I consider him my spirit animal.
4. I have collected unicorns since I was a little girl! I have several figurines, though my favorite thing is a framed fuzzy poster of a unicorn stamping its hoof into a river with a waterfall in the background that I colored a little at a time over a summer at my grandparent’s house when I was just a child. One day I showed up and found my completed poster on the table, framed! It wasn’t that amazing or anything, but I still found it endearing my grandparents did that.
5. Probably no surprise from a child that loved unicorns, I had an impressive stash of My Little Ponies growing up. But the thing is… I still have them!
6. It should come as no surprise that a bonified anime otaku has an impressive collection of movies, manga, artbooks, figurines, stuffed animals, and other paraphanalia from anime or Japan. The one wall of my room not covered in the annoying stecco used by my apartments is plastered in anime posters! The proof …
7. There is one collection I’ve always wanted to start (aside from tea sets!) but am holding off on until I get my own place and have the space for some nice shelving, and that is mermaids and dolphins! I adore mermaids and dolphins, and am absolutely going to start a collection of mermaid and dolphin figurines once I have a chance! I do have a gorgeous dolphin candle holder and this amazing mermaid shower curtain to get me started, at least!
As always, if a site I nominated has already received a nomination for this award by now, I certainly don’t expect anyone to have to alter their acceptance posts, so please don’t feel you need to on my account! These are all stories that I find particularly lovely, be it in plotline, style, presentation, or characters! Please check them out!
My Good News
My religiously-dominated, super-conservative, Red-state small-town is actually holding a Pride event this weekend! We aren’t having your typical “parade” like bigger areas get, but there are going to be booths in City Park, and a Drag Queen variety show at a local theater! As a member of the LGBTQQIAAPP+ community (I’m asexual!) this has me pretty excited!